We provide project facilitation, coaching and other support to help you both engage in process improvement
as well as develop novel approaches to working within your firm and with your clients. To be successful, practitioners should
be able to:
- Identify, evaluate and select process improvement opportunities that are valuable
to the firm and its clients
- Apply appropriate process improvement tools and methods
- Lead and participate on process improvement teams, and
- Manage projects to deliver bottom-line
For challenging projects or for projects where the outcome is particularly
important to the firm, we offer expert process improvement facilitation in a format that takes a project from start to finish
through the DMAIC methodology while also providing Green Belt coaching and certification for all team members.
The Kaizen approach is an alternative methodology that uses a focused workshop technique to compress all project
activities into a short period of time. A highly skilled and experienced facilitator is critical as is a tightly scoped project.
Certain aspects of particular processes lend themselves particularly well to this treatment.
Structuring for Success
We provide advice and facilitation services that help organizations determine how to both approach and
actually do process improvement work. We work with you to design an overall structure that includes items such as:
Through the development
and delivery of a program specifically for this purpose, we guide you through through various decision points while capturing
conclusions and providing you with appropriate notes and materials following the meeting. To help you move quickly yet thoughtfully,
we present structural options and record your decisions in real time to minimize, if not eliminate, implementation delays.
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- How to work together as a team
and managing expectations, and
We also work with practice group leaders, practitioners, and business professionals
to explore a specific process and make recommendations as to next steps. This can be accomplished in a half or full day and
includes deliverables such as:
- Discussion about current state of process – draft points related to Project Charter/Define phase work: problem/opportunity
statement, business case, stakeholder analysis, goal(s)
- Rough process map
- First-pass issues diagram
- Data gathering - what might
we want to measure to get more background on issues? Discussion of relevant client feedback.
- Approaches to improve process - overview of DMAIC and Kaizen methodology, other firms’ experiences project selection/prioritization,
- Recommended next steps
We also have experience with marketing and business development. We can help develop strategies and work product
related to client development, speaking and publishing, even a themed campaign for your firm's retreats and client events.